Welcome to 2020!
I’m starting with a fine faced man, hahaha don’t be distracted o, he is certainly worded and chosen.
So, it’s this topic again, God has something again, yes!
Faithfulwrites: Yaaaayyy, I’m so excited to have you here.
Can we meet you bro?
Seyi Erinle: My name is Erinle Oluwaseyi Joseph.
I hail from Ogun State, Nigeria.
I’m a Christian and a final year medical student in Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine.
I like inspiring music
Faithfulwrites:What can we define emotion as and is Christ an emotional person?
Seyi Erinle: Emotion is a strong feeling deriving from one’s interpretation of circumstances or relationships with others.
Now we know that man is Spirit, soul, body.
The Soul is the seat of emotions.
Your emotions helps you feel the flavours of life. It’s a function of the processing of the mind.
You know that feeling you get when listening to good music, when someone tells you you’re beautiful, you look good, when a movie ends a tragic way or when you hear bad news…? That’s emotion.
We all have it.
Is Christ an emotional person?
Yes, Christ is an emotional person and a few Bible verses attest to that. Let’s look at some of them. “Turn your Bibles with me to the book of…”😃
In Matthew 9:36: “But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.”
To be moved with compassion is to be emotional. When he saw the state of the crowd, he saw they were directionless and that touched him.
In John 11:35 Jesus wept after that Lazarus His friend had died. Just like anyone of us would if we lost a loved one (we do not pray for such).
Also in Hebrews 4:15 which says
“For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.”
We see that Jesus feels what we feel, He has the ability to sympathize with our weaknesses. Yes He is the Supernatural Jesus that walked earth but he also has the ability to express emotions. Even now at the right hand of the Father, He continues to make intercession and intercession is a spiritual enterprise which cannot be engaged without compassion.
Faithfulwrites: Wow! That’s a lot of expository words. We will hit the nail on the wall, let’s talk “special kind of emotion”
Have you ever being in want of a special companion especially with the opposite sex? If yes, how were you able to still keep up your spiritual life?
Seyi Erinle: Yes, I’ve been in want of a companion.
As a sexual being, attraction to the opposite sex is only a consequence of possessing hormones.
God has marvelously designed the males to be attracted to females and vice versa.
How I am able to still keep up with my spiritual life?
• Well, I let the Spirit lead and not my senses.
• Since I know it’s not the time for me to have a companion, I control myself with the help of the Holy Spirit through prayer and study of God’s word.
Faithfulwrites: Everyone prays and studies o
Practical example pls. Even Jesus had friends but thinking of it, he didn’t make any woman in his inner circle.
Seyi Erinle: 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Faithfulwrites: Is it possible to be emotional and be strong?
This world is full of youthful lust, people almost jumping into relationship early just to have someone to talk to especially the opposite sex….what do you do regarding that or how do you put boundaries to still remain pure at heart?
Seyi Erinle: That stuff is serious ohh
Seyi Erinle: Yes, It is possible with God to be emotional and strong.
It is important to know that lusts don’t die when we get a partner, they die when we get regenerated by Christ and submit daily to the Holy Spirit.
I mean, you must be born again! Don’t even bother trying alone friend.
Even as a born again Christian, you don’t become an angel, your emotions do not instantly get annihilated, matter of fact they will overwhelm and control you if your Spirit is lean and weak hence, the need to constantly feed on God’s word and guard the heart (being watchful of what you see or listen to) diligently.
Personally, here are some ways I guard my heart:
1. I don’t assume to be strong: some of y’all go about saying ‘I can handle it’. Well, I can’t handle it.
I can’t handle the picture of a lady dressed half naked, I can’t handle dirty songs or movies that doesn’t inspire, edify or add any value to me, I can’t handle cohabiting (living together) with a lady I’m not married to, I can’t. Therefore, takes me to the next point
2. I sanctify my atmosphere: I remove anything whatsoever that stimulates undue passions from my physical environment to my social media.
I unfollow any Facebook friend or instagram folk who has taken upon himself or herself to post nude or provocative pictures. I abstain and disallow dirty music or movies. Please be righteously strict to yourself in all sincerity. Atmosphere matters. What you take in also matters, you are what you ‘eat’ so feed on the right stuff.
3. I define my relationship with the opposite sex and relate just as friends that we are without sending unnecessary signals either to my brain or to the lady.
4. I get busy with Jesus: emotions get in motion when I am not in motion for God. So I keep serving Him knowing that He knows what’s best for me and the right time for me to have it.
Faithfulwrites: Hmmmn! This is deep It sent fire into me I must confess. You have really outlined all practically, no need for further questions. I know my readers have gotten the full picture.
Seyi Erinle: I pray it impacts many 🙏🏼. Thank you for the privilege.
Faithfulwrites: What are the implications for not being strengthened and benefits of being strengthened?
Seyi Erinle: Yes, there are implications of not being strengthened
1. Short-lived destiny: Samson wouldn’t have died at the time he did, he wouldn’t have lost his strength and sight if he had self control. On the other hand Joseph had self control borne out the fear of God and his destiny was preserved, though for his God fearing act he was cast prison, it was only for a while in no time he was in the palace.
Friend, God has a plan for your life, yes you reading now but you must master your emotions and bring them under control by the Spirit’s help
2. Disqualification from God’s agenda: the Inspired writing of Paul the Apostle comes to mind “but I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified”. 1 Corinthians 9:27
If we do not put our body, appetite and emotions under control we may get disqualified from service to God.
But if you daily lean on the Holy Spirit and trust Him over your emotions, you will live long fulfilling God’s purpose for your life.
Perhaps you are reading this and you are a victim of lustful or emotion-based decisions that cost you so much and you even live in regret wishing you can reverse time. I present to you Jesus Christ. With Him total restoration is a possibility. Pray to Him with a penitent heart and in His mercy he will open a new chapter for you.
He loves you so much
Faithfulwrites: This is great. Thanks for coming on the ride with us, final admonition for us pls!
Seyi Erinle: Thanks you for the opportunity 😄
Okay, in conclusion
1. Define your relationships with the opposite sex, please….
2. Never trust your emotions more than you trust the Holy Spirit and the Word of God.
3. Learn to bring your emotions under control through prayers and discipline.
4. It’s okay to admire someone, but be sure not to entertain lusts.
All these are possible if you develop a personal relationship with God.
Don’t stop chasing after Him. He loves you 🤗